Monday, April 11, 2011

A Third One?!?!?!?

Hey S.I.Q. fans!

   Just a little bit of news for you all this time. The drummer that we have been intensely auditioning and jamming with went on vacation this week, so for the first time in two months, we members of S.I.Q. sat down and had a writing session. We focused primarily on one song project: finishing Til Life Do Us Part. If you have been to one of our live shows then you have most likely heard the first two parts of this three-part epic. The first part is a more traditionally structured song, the second is an instrumental, and the third will be a complete surprise to you, and will definitely be on the first album.
   I'd just like to say that after all the shows and drummer issues we've had in the last few months, it was nice to be able to write something totally new.
   I have accomplished a great personal victory by learning to play John Myung's "Solar Groove" on my 6 string. I learned to play it a about a year ago on my four string (as I didn't have a 6 string at the time) and now I can play it the way it was meant to be played. Here is the video.
   And, if you're one of those people that like to compare covers to the real thing to determine accuracy, here's John Myung.
   It's definitely a very calm composition, but it was written for the purpose of showcasing various techniques of bassplaying, which is why John Myung is my idol.
      That's pretty much it for this entry. As always, keep a lookout for more S.I.Q. news. This is going to be a big year for us!

Cole Millward
S.I.Q. bassist

No comments:

Post a Comment