Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cole's Grand Adventure

Hey S.I.Q. fans!

   I have some exciting news! Mostly exciting for me, but it is also a very lucrative opportunity for S.I.Q. This Wednesday, in celebration of my 18th birthday (which is actually the following Monday, the 25th), I am flying to Los Angeles for a week. I have spent the past month setting up all sorts of great things to do. For example, on Thursday, the day after I arrive, I will be going to the Sam Ash music store in Cerritos to attend a clinic being done by my favorite Dream Theater ex-drummer, Mike Portnoy. He is one of my music idols, so I am particularly psyched about that! The following day, I will be touring the Musician's Institute, a music college in the middle of Hollywood that I (and other members of S.I.Q.) would like to attend. That same evening, I will be going with my uncle to see Prince live in concert. Further plans for the week include visiting the L.A. Guitar Center and touring the Roland offices. And, of course, I'll be coming back from this trip a legal adult. Can't be bad! And of course, I will be bringing along California's fair share of S.I.Q. demos!
   This past Friday I had the tremendous pleasure of attending my first prom. Which means I got to dust off my dancing skills that I rarely use. Heres a picture:
The lovely Samantha Harper and me

   At the last S.I.Q. practice, the drummer we have been trying out wowed us with an exceptionally powerful performance on Nightmare Lullaby. Have we found the right guy? Here's a question for you guys: what would you expect to see in a new S.I.Q. drummer? Comment on my post here on the blog site or as a facebook comment on the link.
   I'll send you a postcard from California!

Cole Millward
S.I.Q. bassist

No comments:

Post a Comment