Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cole Goes to Hollywood parts 4, 5, and 18

Hey S.I.Q. fans!

   I returned home from California this past Tuesday, but I'll still fill you in on the second half of my trip.
   On Saturday, my uncle and I went to a Prince concert at the Forum. What a show! Chaka Khan was the opening act, and I was quite enthralled by her bass player. The guy was playing a 6 string and was tearing it up! Funk/ Soul may not be my personal style of music, but dang, I know a good bass player when I see one.
   When Prince took the stage, the whole place erupted. Everyone in the audience was singing along with the songs (I sang along to the four that I knew) and feeding back a really positive vibe. When the show "ended", he Prince was called back out for an encore (surprise, surprise), and upon finishing it, he was called back out again. He must have played at least 6 encores. Needless to say, by the time I walked out of there, I was exhausted from all that positive vibe!
   On Easter Sunday, I ate brunch with my uncle and several of his friends, including the friend that works for Warner Bros. He gave me some feedback on our demo, saying that we had a very distinct sound, especially with Ashton's voice.
   On Monday, I became a legal adult. Yes, I finally turned 18! I celebrated by going to Amoeba music (basically just a giant music warehouse) and getting two more Dream Theater live DVDs, then going to house of pies. I also visited the Guitar Center in Studio City, where I found the 5 string version of my dream bass guitar. Here is a picture, please ignore the wacky face that I am making in it.


   Getting to play that bass pretty much made my trip complete, just saying.
   I flew out of LA to Charlotte on Tuesday, as I said, and have been getting back to business since. I re-strung my 5 string and my 6 string and I'm ready for practice/writing/jamming this coming Saturday.
   Upcoming shows are in the works! Keep an eye out for info.

Cole Millward
S.I.Q. bassist

No comments:

Post a Comment