Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good things (and great annoyance) come to those who wait.

Hey S.I.Q. fans!

   Been a while, no? Almost a whole month. Sorry about that.
   As some of you may have noticed, if you read directly from my blog and not Reverbnation, there are new pictures up in the slideshow. These (the professional ones) were taken a few months ago by our unofficial photographer, the wonderful Bunny Lynch. She's been doing our photoshoots for a while now. Sadly, we haven't been able to do a full band shoot recently because of conflicting schedules. The new pictures came from a shoot with just me and Ashton, with the intention of getting some individual shots.
Here are a few:




That last one was actually taken when a random dude saw us and asked what we were doing. We explained that we were part of the band S.I.Q. and were taking individual shots. He saw my bass and asked to hear one of our songs. So I played one for him! I highly doubt he actually heard anything, it being unamplified. Good thing too, because it was too cold for my fingers to move as fast as the song required.
   So props to miss Bunny Lynch for some great pictures!
   Yesterday I completed my collection of Pagan's Mind studio albums by buying the fourth album, "God's Equation". So far, I have enjoyed it immensely. They are becoming one of my absolute favorites. One of my "Big Four" in prog metal, so to speak, the other three being Dream Theater, Andromeda, and Circus Maximus. Here's a music video of Atomic Firelight, one of the songs off of "God's Equation."

I am a fan.

   There isn't much S.I.Q. news, except that this Saturday we are participating in the Gorilla productions battle of the bands at Tremont music hall near downtown Charlotte. Tickets are $10 this week (if you buy the ticket from a band member) or $12 at the door, but as a reminder to everyone under 21 who will be attending, there will be a 3 dollar cover charge. I know a lot of people (including me) have been surprised by that in the past, so I am reminding you now.
   We also have an upcoming show at Amos' Southend on St. Paddy's day. Looking for something to do that day? Come see us headline, with preceeding bands Tattermask, Luna's Lament, and Broken Pitch. Tickets for that I believe are $7.
   And as always, new music concepts are forming in our heads. Keep a lookout for new material!

Cole Millward
S.I.Q. bassist

1 comment: