Monday, October 17, 2011

Greetings from Beyond the Computer Screen!

Hey S.I.Q. fans!

   We five in the S.I.Q. machine have all been so very busy over the past couple of months. Most of what we are doing, however, is a lot of the same stuff over and over to achieve our goal, which is why there hasn't been much for me to tell you. At this point, though, I have enough happenings to update you on to make this post very interesting, and hopefully exciting, for you.
   First, an update on our album. We are still in the studio recording and mixing, working our collective butt off to produce the best possible product. We have already released two singles from the album to show you just how much progress we have made. The two singles are "Slightly Out of Breath," and a re-recorded version of "Stasis." "Stasis" is one of only two songs from our 2010 demo CD that will be making a reappearance on the album. Can anyone guess the second? Post which one you think in a comment. Also, take the time to go and listen to both singles. You can listen to them either on our info page on facebook or on our reverbnation page, both links of which are listed here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SIQ/270139033114?sk=info
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinq
   Here is an updated list on the progress of each song in the album:
Track 1: Being recorded
Track 2: Released as a single
Track 3: Released as a single
Track 4: Waiting to be recorded
Track 5: Being recorded
Track 6: Waiting to be recorded
Track 7: Waiting to be recorded
Track 8: Waiting to be recorded
We will release the official track list (song titles) soon.
   A few of us in the band have had gear upgrades since my last post. Phil now owns an OLP John Petrucci style guitar, which sounds terrific, and it even has him eyeing the real thing, the MusicMan John Petrucci guitars. As for me, I have finally achieved something I have wanted since I learned what good bass amps sound like: a Mesa/Boogie bass amp. The specific model is the Mesa/Boogie Basis M2000. It has two preamps (one tube, one solid-state) built into it, and both have a ridiculous amount of tone-shaping options to them. This works perfectly for me, being a "tone-monkey." I have sold my solid-state Peavey amp, but my Peavey 4x12 bass cab is still up for sale. I plan to purchase one more Mesa cab, then my Mesa stack will be complete.
   For anyone who did not understand a single word of that whole paragraph, I have new stuff, and it makes me happy.
   And now for some music sharing. I haven't been listening to a lot of new stuff lately, but since my last entry, Dream Theater released their new album, A Dramatic Turn of Events, so I am going to post my top songs off the album.
Bridges in the Sky

Outcry

This is the Life

Breaking All Illusions

   But really, the whole album is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go buy it, and support an amazing band.
   Everyone have a great evening. I hope to be writing with the same frequency as before. Be on the lookout!

Cole Millward
S.I.Q. bassist

No comments:

Post a Comment